Are you eligible to be tested for Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
If you are eligible, you can select a regional test site drive-through appointment or home test kit. Home test kit availability will initially be limited but more will become available.
For guidance on coronavirus testing, including who is eligible for a test, how to get tested and the different types of test available, visit the government website for more information.
One of the most challenging things about coronavirus is the uncertainty: not knowing who has the infection or when it’s safe to return to normal life. Good-quality testing can help provide greater certainty. It’s a big part of how we’re going to defeat this disease.
As part of the government’s 5-pillar strategy for coronavirus testing, testing people who have coronavirus-like symptoms to see if they currently have the virus.
Who can be tested
The priority is testing patients to inform their clinical diagnosis.
The following are also being testing:
- all essential workers including NHS and social care workers with symptoms (see the full list of under essential workers)
- anyone over 65 with symptoms
- anyone with symptoms whose work cannot be done from home (for example, construction workers, shop workers, emergency plumbers and delivery drivers)
- anyone who has symptoms of coronavirus and lives with any of those identified above
Additionally, the following are being testing:
- social care workers and residents in care homes (with or without symptoms) both to investigate outbreaks and, following successful pilots, as part of a rolling programme to test all care homes
- NHS workers and patients without symptoms, in line with NHS England guidance
This means anyone in one of these groups can find out whether they have the virus. Testing is most effective within 3 days of symptoms developing.
Welcome to Lift-Off! the essential magazine for doing business in Greater Manchester, Cheshire and the new Airport City Enterprise Zone.
In this issue…
- Trafford Council backs regeneration
- FSB publishes business manifesto
- Manchester re-signs Forces’ Covenant
If you have any news you would like to share, or would like to discuss advertising and sponsorship opportunities, please contact Heather on 0161 945 6015 or email email@example.com
Telephone: 0161 945 6015
Lift-Off! Magazine is sponsored by: